SmarterHR’s online human resources management system includes many security features designed to keep your company’s data secure. Below are some of the system’s important security features:
- The system can be set to allow or deny access by IP addresses. When enabled, this setting lets you restrict access to the system only to a set of allowed IP addresses.
- Every user can be assigned a unique username and password. Entering the system requires three levels of authentication; users must provide a company ID, username, and password to log in.
- Passwords must contain a minimum of seven characters, including letters, numbers, and are case sensitive. Passwords can be set to expire, forcing users to change their passwords at set intervals. New users can be forced to change their password upon first login.
- The system can be set to lock user accounts after a certain number of failed login attempts.
- Employers and administrators can view a login tracking report, which displays a record of every login attempt, including the username, password, time, and IP address from which the login was attempted. Both failed and successful login attempts are recorded.
- A change report provides you with a real-time audit trail that updates as changes are made. The report includes not only the details of the change, but also the user account that made the change, a timestamp, and the IP address that the change was made from.
- Terminated employees are automatically locked out of the system. Only active user accounts can access the system.
- Individual modules may be password protected in addition to the standard system.
125 Turnpike Road., Suite 5
Westborough, MA 01581